Happy Halloween Pumpkin-Chocolate Muffins!
I love Halloween! A day for our kids to dress as their dreams, run around free like we did as kids, and eat candy WITH our permission!
Which is why I like to start us out with a healthy, but Halloween worthy, breakfast.
Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Muffins!
Chock full of all the healthy goodness our little ghosts and goblins need for trick-or-treating tonight.
Pumpkin! Libby's is my favorite!
High in Vitamin A so our kids can see better in the dark. High in Vitamin C to help boost their immune system after ringing the same doorbell after a hundred other kids. And a touch of magnesium to keep their teeth healthy with all that sugar!
Plus gobs of raisins, walnuts and chocolate!
Well, our Princesses and World Cup Soccer Players may get plenty of chocolate, but will it be dark and full of antioxidants?
Besides, what's Halloween without chocolate!
And if you use muffin cups like these, you get extra Queen of Halloween bonus points. (Isn't Candy Corn Bat adorable??!!)
Happy Trick-orTreating tonight! Save me a Baby Ruth will ya?
Happy Halloween Pumpkin-Chocolate Muffins
Makes 36 muffins OR 12 muffins and 9-inch pan
2 cups White-Whole Wheat Flour
1- 1/2 cups Flour
1- 1/2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Salt
14 oz can Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup Canola Oil
2/3 cup Water
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Raisins
1 cup Walnuts (optional)
1 cup Ghiradelli 60% Cacoa Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix Flour through Salt in a stand mixer. Make a well in center.
3. Dump Pumpkin through Vanilla into well. Mix well on low speed.
4. Mix in Raisins, Walnuts, and Chocolate.
5. Put into muffin tins or bake as bread or both!
6. Bake muffins 15 min. Bake 9 inch pie pan 20 min. Bake loaf pan 25-30 min. Insert a toothpick into the center of the breads. If comes out clean, they are done.