It was a beautiful, but chilly morning here in Colorado, so of course I was craving warm, sweet, apple muffins.
Makes 12 large
7 Tbsp. Butter, unsalted, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar, not packed
1 cup Milk, skim
1 cup White Whole-Wheat Flour
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
2 Apples, peeled, coarsely chopped (I like Honeycrisp)
1-2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees convection bake. Prepare 12 large muffin cups. (I like PaperChef culinary parchment Lotus Cups)
2. Cream butter and sugars. Add egg, and mix, scraping down bowl as needed. Mix in milk.
3. Measure out flour through cinnamon. Add to bowl, thoroughly mix. Add apples, and mix.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Sprinkle an additional 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar on top to give them a sweet crunch!
5. Bake 10 min. Decrease temperature to 400 degrees convection bake, and bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until centers are cooked.